How to get there
Check each route separately
There is a description, a map with the route and suggestions for stops along the route for each GEObike tour. These can be found in special brochures that you can get in tourist information sites in the geopark. You can also book a guided GEObike tour with a professional guide. There are 6 GEObike tours in the geopark, one in each municipality. You can find specific information for each tour in the relevant brochures.
You can download brochures for each GEObike tour:
– Eigersund: Egersund – Koldal – Nodland – Egersund (25km)
– Eigersund: Egersund – Hellvik – Egersund (27km)
– Lund/Sirdal: Moi – Tonstad – Moi (80km)
– Bjerkreim: Vikeså – Ivesdal – Vikeså (22km)
– Sokndal: Hauge – Nesvåg – (Blåfjell), Hauge – Åvendal (28km, +13km)
– Flekkefjord – Sokndal – Eigersund – Hå – Klepp – Sola
- Park at the parking place and show respect for private land.
- Show respect to animals along the trail.
- Don’t forget to close gates behind you so that animals would not get away.
- Dogs have to be on leash.
- Leave nothing but footprints!
What Three Words
Culture and history
You can find out about the culture and history of each GEObike tour in separate brochures available at tourist information sites in the Geopark.
Geology and nature
The main rock type in Magma Geopark is the same as the lighter-coloured parts of the surface of the moon – anorthosite. Anorthosite in the geopark crystallised in large magma chambers about 930 million years ago. It developed in the root zone of a mountain range similar to the modern Himalayas. When the ice retreated for the last time, the anorthosite bacame exposed and is now waiting for your footprints.
You can find out more about the nature and geology of each geobike tour in separate brochures available at tourist information sites in the geopark.