How to get there
Parking: Follow the road to Eigerøya on Fv 42, then follow the sign to the right and to the very end of the road. Bus nr.3.
Accessibility: Different options, mostly easy to moderate. Marked trails.
Duration: Different options.
- Park at the parking place and show respect for private land.
- Show respect to animals along the trail.
- Don’t forget to close gates behind you so that animals would not get away.
- Dogs have to be on leash.
- Leave nothing but footprints!
What Three Words
Geology and nature
The bare, rounded hills consist of the rock type anorthosite. This is a coarse-grained, grey rock that consists almost entirely of a single mineral (called plagioclase feldspar). The valleys are fertile because they were filled with glacial deposits (moraine) at the end of the last Ice age.
Culture and history
This recreational area is located on the island of Eigerøy and offers fantastic options for coastal walks, paddling, fishing, swimming and grilling. One can find traces of fishing activity here that stretch back several hundred years.