How to get there
Parking: Follow signs to Rossland from RV44 towards Hauge i Dalane (southbound).
Accessibility: Easy to moderate. Signs.
- Park at the parking place and show respect for private land.
- Show respect to animals along the trail.
- Don’t forget to close gates behind you so that animals would not get away.
- Dogs have to be on leash.
- Leave nothing but footprints!
What Three Words
Culture and history
Rosslandsguden is a figure of a man’s head, carved out from a local rock and is approximately 60 cm high. It’s origins and age are highly controversial, but professionals today believe that the head is probably prehistoric. The original Rosslandsguden was brought to Dalane folkemuseum in 1910 and is exposed there to this day.
Rossland in Sokndal municipality is generally a rich cultural heritage area that may have been a cultural site of the old Iron Age, and is also interpreted in the context of the pre-Christian fertility cult.