How to get there
E39 to Helleland and then FV42. Parking along the road.
Accessibility: location accessible straight from the parking.
Duration: 0 hours
- Park at the parking place and show respect for private land.
- Show respect to animals along the trail.
- Don’t forget to close gates behind you so that animals would not get away.
- Dogs have to be on leash.
- Leave nothing but footprints!
What Three Words
Culture and history
Terland Klopp is a 60 m long stone bridge. This bridge is the longest and best preserved of its kind in Norway. It is supported by 22 stone pillars, built of flat blocks of rock. It was probably first built around 1800 and was maintained and repaired until it was closed for traffic in 1977. In 1986 it was restored as a heritage site. When you travel around in Magma Geopark, you can see several old stone bridges, some of which are constructed like Terland Klopp, while others have one or more arches. The most recent stone arched bridge is in Sogndalstrand and was built in 1999.